domenica 6 dicembre 2015

Chapter 1, part 2 - ChinaTown (Street Art)

Me as #citytraveller

Good evening there! Cold day spent under the blanket, trying to nip my cold in the bud, but it doesn't seem to work that much :)

I wanted to talk about a new chapter of this amazing city, but first I feel like giving a few more curiosities and pics on this area of Sydney.

Here you have a view on how the Paddy's markets look like from the inside. Basically it's a huge warehouse with many stands offering mostly Australian souvenirs, but as I said in my previous post, you can also find all sorts of things.
Paddy's Markets 

Such as maneki-neko (the welcoming cat we usually see in the Chinese restaurants, even though it belongs to the Japanese tradition), katana, bags of all kinds, t-shirts, hi-techs tools and so on.

A stand @ Paddy's Markets





"In Between Two Worlds" by Jason Wing







Strolling the streets I ended up in a small lane full of angels. At that time I didn't know what it was and I was not even that much interested in that. It was a hidden world. It reminded me of another installation I saw a year before on a picture of a friend of mine. I didn't know it was in Sydney but I was already somehow captured.

"In BetweenTwo Worlds" by Jason Wing
Only recently I have discovered it was created by Jason Wing, who was born to Aboriginal and Chinese parents. This laneway art is titled "In Between Two Worlds", it' s a reflection of the unique ancestry of the artist by making references
to both Chinese and Aboriginal motifs.

It consists of three main components:
- wall murals
- floor murals
- and 30 suspended illuminated "spirit" figures.

It was a project commissioned by the Council of Sydney in order to create high quality public places in the City.

For further details click here.

Well, that's all for now about ChinaTown. I hope to come back soon for more updatings.

Cheers!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Italy // Capalbio - How Niki remained, Part 3

May 2002 - La Jolla (California), platform no. 21  I hate wearing black on rainbow days.  I was standing at the traffic light...waiting. My ...